Comments (0) |
Add to discussion updates
Sound like a cliché? Well it isn't. Leading life to the fullest is achievable—for all of us, including women with careers.
So how do you get started?
- Have clarity and purpose 'be clear about what's most important, and recognise that this will change at different times in your life.
- Act consistently with your priorities and set boundaries.
- Learn to say 'no'.
- Focus on one thing at a time as often as you can. Women are great at multi-tasking and we do it readily, however we're more likely to experience greater satisfaction when focused.
- Ensure your priorities include health, fitness and emotional/spiritual well being.
- Accept your flaws and those of others 'no-one is perfect and it's crazy to set expectations you can't live up to.
- Be flexible and pragmatic. Compromise if you can't get exactly what you want, the way you want it.
- Find champions and cheerleaders. Share your aspirations and goals with people who care about you, who encourage and support you.
- Avoid critics and those who are likely to cause self-doubt.
- Spend time with people who make you laugh 'and enjoy life to the fullest.
|Light bulb moment|
Where is it written that everything has to be done on time, every time and to everyone's satisfaction? And who else is managing to do that anyway? Living life to the fullest is possible 'why not start now?
Did you find this tip helpful? Yes No
Here's what members have had to say so far. Why not add your thoughts below.
These comments are moderated by the author of the article, so feel free to ask any questions.
You need to be a Professional member to add your comments. Please Log in now.
Or if you are not a member Join now!