When preparing for an interview (whether a new job or promotion), be strong - imagine you've already won the position. Be confident!
Start from the premise that you're already there.
- what are you doing in your new role?
- what value are you adding?
- how are you leading your team?
- what difference are you already making?
- what solutions can you bring to the table?
Spend less time discussing what you've done in your previous role and focus on helping your interviewers imagine you're already in the new role.