Comments (0) |
Add to discussion updates
Networks can be formal or informal. Besides the formal type, think of other ways you can extend your 'networks' - inside and outside the workplace. Follow these tips for effective networking:To extend your network inside the workplace, you can:
To extend your network outside the workplace, you can:
- activate and participate in the discussions on this website
- nominate for highly visible assignments
- volunteer for cross - organisational projects
- nominate for conferences, seminars and forums
- call someone whose work you've heard about and arrange to meet to discuss it.
- talk to people about things you share in common - children, hobbies, leadership programs,associations etc.
- attend training programs and presentations and talk to people
- attend work social functions.
- join an industry or professional association
- attend alumni events
- participate in community and sporting events
- participate in school activities
- sign up to Internet networking sites, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
Here's what members have had to say so far. Why not add your thoughts below.
These comments are moderated by the author of the article, so feel free to ask any questions.
You need to be a Professional member to add your comments. Please Log in now.
Or if you are not a member Join now!